The Cloak and Dagger Challenge is hosted by Barb @ Booker T’s Farm and Myself and it’s all about reading anything that counts as Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, or Crime genre. They can be of any other sub genre so it allows a great many different type of books to read! 🙂
- You can read any book that is from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.
- You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up. (blog, goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)
- Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.
- Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories. (At least 100 pages +)
- Crossovers into other challenges are fine.
- The Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. (Sign up ends April 15th)
There will be a monthly link up so that others can check out your progress and look at your reviews. At the halfway mark and at the end we will have a giveaway for those participating.
If you tweet about your progress or reviews please use the hashtag #CloakDaggerChal so others can see it.
5-15 books – Amateur sleuth
16-25 books – Detective
26-35 books – Inspector
36 – 55 – Special agent
56+ books – Sherlock Holmes
So as of right now my challenge says I have read a 100 books for the cloak and dagger challenge this year so I totally got my goal for 2017 so I am going again for Sherlock Holmes in hopes of reading just as many Mystery/Crime type books in the new year!!
As something fun to help you get those mystery reads in Barb and I have a game that we will play some time during the year as we are still working out the kinks. Basically it’s kind of like a choose your own adventure murder type game and there will be a blueprint of a house and a little story to help you on your way then each room will have a different type or book type or genre and you can decide which room to go into.
Example: Decide where to start your investigation (2a) Investigate the surrounding woods (read a mystery/thriller with tree or an animal on the cover) (2b) Enter t he garage (read a mystery/thriller with a vehicle on the cover)
Here are a few review books I have lined up for this challenge:
A few non review books I would like to read next year.
and many more!!!
You can still sign up by going here!